Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hide the Zucchini!

There are some Vegetables that my daughter will eat, and some that she just plain out refuses to eat. One of them being Zucchini; no matter how enticing I try to make it look, she pivots and runs the other direction... I can not for the life of me get her to eat it; that is until... last night! Okay, so I didn't exactly make it noticeable or have it in plain site in a dish that she would willingly eat it and love it, but the point is that she gobbled it up, and deep inside my loving motherly self, I was thinking "muhahaha got ya!" 

Here's how I hid the Zucchini; she requested to have Mac & Cheese for dinner and I obliged with a bit of a twist. I knew I couldn't just shred or chop up some Zucchini and add it in her Mac & Cheese... so I cheated *gasps* Yes, I pureed it and added it into my favorite Mac & Cheese recipe; then sprinkled it with some more cheese and baked it until the top was golden brown. It was oozing of gooey yummy cheesy goodness and not a site of Zucchini to be found; except in every bite but she didn't seem to notice or care. 

mission accomplished w/a bit of cheating =)



To celebrate my success, I decided to make this yummy peachy blueberry iced tea. Super simple and refreshing. Here's some simple ingredients and instructions .




Ingredients

1/2 -1lbs of fresh peaches pitted and sliced
1 cup of simple syrup 
5 tea bags of your choice 
Blueberries (optional)


Directions

Steep your tea bags for about 5 mins. then set aside to let it cool. Puree the peaches in a blender until smooth. Pour into a jar and add simple syrup and stir.
Once tea has cooled down, pour into the jar with your peach puree and stir. Add a few peach slices or chunks or just leave as is over ice and you're done!


Tips

If you like your tea sweeter or less sweet, you can always adjust the sugar/simple syrup. Feel free to add blueberries or anything else you like. Add a sprig of mint to make it more refreshing! Use honey, agave or other sweeteners in place of sugar. Sit back and enjoy a cup of this peachy blueberry iced tea!




What is one of your favorite Summer drinks?




















4 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy dear!
    <3
    x the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  2. Yum! You can't even tell there's zucchini in that mac & cheese. Good job! :) And my fav summer drink has been sweet tea or bubble tea. haha..

    xo - Sheila

    http://sheislovely1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I was kind of nervous, but it turned out great :)

      Yum bubble tea!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and spending your time here on MseeyahTime's blog!