Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy Friday!

I apologize for the lack of post; I've been so busy for the past couple of weeks getting things in order for my daughters first day of school. Making sure she has everything she needs and shopping like a mad woman; scouring the stores for the best school supply deals etc. I really don't enjoy back to school shopping; it's full of chaos and bodies everywhere I turn, squeezing in between aisles... oh the agony! I literally had to walk away from busy aisles a few time just to have a moment to breathe... and then the lines I tell ya! So glad all of that is over with.

While waiting for my daughter to pick out a backpack; I saw this huge backpack and thought I'd take a picture of it? It doesn't look ginormous in this picture, but in person it was ginormous!


After 3o minutes of convincing my daughter a cross-body backpack will only hurt her shoulders and back because she's in the fourth grade now; meaning she will be carrying a lot more things around and it will get heavy. She finally agreed and after 3 days of school and carrying everything in her back pack, she came up to me and said "Mommy, you were right it's so heavy!"  Yes my child... I was too once a child lugging a heavy back pack around -_-


Anywho... the first week of school went well, she likes her teacher and made new friends and met old friends. She's excited to be back at school and I am excited to have her back in school! I feel like this mom here...


This photo does not belong to me. All rights and credits go to the original owner.


I decided to treat myself by making this yummy spinach and artichoke dip with my favorite whole wheat flax seed and quinoa tortilla chips. YUM is all I can say!



Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe
(This recipe is for 8 servings)

2 packages (8 ounce size) cream cheese
2 cans (14 ounce) artichoke hearts, drained & coarsely chopped
1 cup frozen spinach chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise (real mayonnaise )
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Romano cheese 1/2 garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
Salt & Pepper to taste




Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Cream cheese should be room temperature, add Mayonnaise Parmesan, Romano cheese, garlic powder, dried basil, and salt/pepper together and mix until creamy. Drain artichoke and spinach very well and add into the mixture mixing all ingredients together. Put your mixture in an oven safe bowl and sprinkle some Parmesan on top if you like and bake it until nice and bubbly and the top is golden brown. 




What is your favorite appetizer?



Have a great weekend everyone!
















1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love spinach and artichoke dips!! :) I'll have to try this out too! Same with all your other recipes!

    Glad to hear your daughter's first day of school went well! I laughed when you posted that pic of the mom jumping up and her kids looked miserable. lol!

    xo - Sheila

    Giveaway on my blog!
    http://sheislovely1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending your time here on MseeyahTime's blog!